We know you're curious about Milk Paint!
Join local blogger and furniture painter Lisa Silfwerbrand from Recreated Designs to learn about all the uses for this intriguing and beautiful paint, using the many products in the Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint (MMSMP) line. Lisa has been using MMSMP for many years, and has even been taught by Miss Mustard Seed herself, Marian Parsons, at her studio in Pennsylvania.
Milk Paint is a traditional powdered paint that is non-toxic and has no VOC’s. It has been used in North America for hundreds of years on furniture, walls, barns, etc., but has been around for thousands of years, and was even found in the pyramids in Egypt and on ancient cave paintings.
Using the many colours and products available in the Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint line, you will have the opportunity to learn:
- About the ingredients and uses for Milk Paint
- How to mix Milk Paint
- How to make different consistencies for use as paint, stain and wash
- To achieve different looks such as chippy, layered, and smooth
- All about bonding agent and when to use it
- The best finish for your Milk Paint project, trying out Wax, Hemp Oil and Tough Coat
This hands-on workshop is suitable for all levels.
The class is two-hours long, and cost is $55 + tax. Please note that a fee of $25 will be retained for all cancellations.